Here it is, next-generation design, multi-colored pads, timestretching capabilities, and more. All in all, the New MASCHINE from Native Instruments is the same highly gratifying instrument that it’s always been, combining pattern-based sequencing, professional sampling, multi-effect units, and a VST/AU plug-in host, but now with even more style and functionality. Everything is intuitively controllable via the fully integrated hardware – once you touch the tactile controller the fun and intuitive workflow takes over, allowing you to stay focused on what matters – the music.
This next generation of MASCHINE has numerous enhanced workflow improvements for an even more intuitive and faster performance. Now with heightened sensitivity, each one of the 16 touch-pads can be assigned a different color to easily separate and identify sounds, patterns, groups, and scenes. With the New MASCHINE you can timestretch and pitch shift your samples directly from the hardware, eliminating the need to jump back and forth from host systems. The hardware design has changed a bit; one notable addition is the new master push encoder with grid, and the 47 all-new click-buttons that help to speed up the workflow. The displays have been updated also; the new high contrast displays have a higher viewing angle that will help keep things visible, even with some difficult live performance placements. More hardware and less software, the New MASCHINE allows for Host Transport Control, meaning that the hardware’s transport controls can be used to control the host DAW when the unit is being used as a VST, Audio Unit or RTAS plug-in. There are also some new effects such as Transient Master, Tape and Tube Saturators that will further help to sculpt performances, and a full version of the MASSIVE synthesizer is included with 1,300 earth-shattering sounds to play with. Additional design features include a fully customizable look; magnetic faceplates and removable knobs let you incorporate your own style with optional MASCHINE CUSTOM KITS that can be purchased separately.
The New MASCHINE integrates easily into your computer-based studio setup. Use the hardware controller to find, load, and play sounds, automate parameters, and arrange patterns on the fly. Combine this with the ability to control and sequence all of your external hardware instruments, or switch to MIDI mode to control other software.
After quickly and intuitively developing your ideas, drag and drop your patterns as MIDI or audio files directly into your DAW to finalize and mix your production. You’ll soon realize The New MASCHINE is a powerhouse capable of revolutionizing the way you make music.
Creative Performance Tool
The New MASCHINE is fast becoming the ultimate performance tool for creative musicians. The New MASCHINE controller is super-sturdy, yet easily portable. The highly responsive pads now have heightend sensitivity and can easily be assigned different colors to keep your kits organize. The new Master Push Encoder and endless rotary knobs are addictively playable, while the two improved high-resolution backlit displays keep you informed of what’s going on – perfect for any club or stage.
Use the New MASCHINE as an instrument for performing your own tracks, or sync it with other gear like TRAKTOR PRO 2 (sold separately) to add more dynamics to your live set.
Supreme Sounds Mode
The New MASCHINE comes with over 6GB of ready-to-use, professional and inspiring sounds. Create rhythms and melodies right away with the included drum kits, one-shot samples, basses, synths, and acoustic instruments – all fully tagged for easy browsing. It also includes KOMPLETE ELEMENTS, providing more than 1,000 stunning sounds drawn from the flagship KOMPLETE 7, and a full version of the MASSIVE synthesizer with 1,300 earth-shattering sounds used widely in all styles of music today. And now, you can add extra fuel to your New MASCHINE with the new range of MASCHINE EXPANSIONS – premium sample kits created by renowned sound designers and artists.
New Software Enhancements in Version 1.8
- MK2 controller support
- Colors for Groups, Sounds, Scenes, and Patterns
- Full version of MASSIVE synthesizer
- Offline time stretching and pitch shifting
- New effect: Transient Master
- New effect: Tape and Tube Saturators
- Save group with samples feature
- Host Transport Control: If Maschine is run as a plug-in, the hardware transport controls can be used with the host
- Sample play position indicator on the waveform (hardware and software)
- AutoWrite pinning
- AutoWrite on Maschine Mikro
- Improved handling of missing samples
- Pre-hear samples from the hardware browser before loading them
- Choke all playing sampler voices feature (“panic button”: Shift + Mute)
- Revised select page (hardware) with access to note length
- Quick select events of a sound in a pattern (Shift + Select + Pad)
- Quick erase events of a sound in a pattern (Erase + Select + Pad)
The New MASCHINE upgrades:
- Multi-color pads, now refined and even more touch sensitive
- Colors freely assignable to Sounds, Patterns, Groups and Scenes
- Master push encoder with grid, and 47 all-new click-buttons
- Timestretch and pitch shifting capability
- Improved high contrast displays with higher viewing angle
- Host Transport Control: hardware transport controls can be used to control host
- New effects: Transient Master, Tape and Tube Saturators
- Numerous workflow improvements for an even more intuitive and faster workflow
- Customizable Mk2 hardware with removable magnetic faceplate for optional MASCHINE CUSTOM KITS
- Now also available in white
The Maschine MKII is available for pre-order at a price of 599 Euro. Shipment will start on October 1st.