Two essential Cableguys plugins come to Pro Tools, with AAX versions of HalfTime and ShaperBox 2 joining the existing VST and AU formats. For the first time, Pro Tools users can directly use iconic Cableguys effects like multiband sidechain ducking tool VolumeShaper, inspirational audio-warping engine TimeShaper, and the famous HalfTime effect heard in numerous modern productions.
HalfTime is the instant creative half-speed effect used by David Guetta, members of 808 Mafia, Armin van Buuren, The Chemical Brothers and many other top-level producers. Transform any audio into a dark, downtempo version of itself, for heightened mood and deep atmosphere.
ShaperBox 2 is the flagship Cableguys plugin, designed to solve complex mix problems and create inspirational musical rhythms. Pro users include Mick Schultz (Rihanna, Kelly Clarkson), David Guetta, Khaliq Glover (Prince, Justin Timberlake), and many more.
ShaperBox features 7 high-quality multiband effects:
- VolumeShaper: Sample-accurate sidechain. Punchy British-style compressor.
- TimeShaper: Precisely interpolated half-speed, stutter, reverse, scratch & more.
- DriveShaper: The ultimate distortion toolkit. 10 oversampled drive modes.
- FilterShaper Core: ZDF algorithms with all the warmth of a real analogue filter.
- CrushShaper: Lo-fi 8-bit vibes. Top-end mix excitement with anti-aliasing.
- PanShaper: Evolving pan patterns. Precision stereo edits.
- WidthShaper: Define your stereo image in ultimate detail
Each Shaper’s effect is controlled by an editable LFO – using Cableguys’ easy editing tools, you can quickly design LFOs of any complexity. Or use envelope followers that react directly to audio.
The ShaperBox v2.3.2 update also adds the option to use 0 samples of latency when DriveShaper is not in use, found in the Main Menu. The HalfTime and ShaperBox 2 updates are free to existing users, and can be downloaded from the Cableguys User Account