Blue Cat Audio has released Blue Cat’s Connector, a new universal connection plug-in that can be used to route audio and MIDI almost anywhere “in the box”.
Also described as a “virtual cable for your virtual studio”, Connector can stream audio and MIDI in real time, between any locations that can load plug-ins, inside one or several applications, on one or several machines connected to a network.
The plug-in offers total control over the streaming to achieve the lowest possible latencies (down to 0 samples, when used in a single application), and its built-in resampling and drift compensation algorithms take care of any potential synchronization issues between hosts for a very stable connection, even when no master clock is available.
Blue Cat’s Connector Main Features:
– Universal connection plug-in available in VST, VST3, AAX or Audio Unit
– Create your own audio/MIDI routings inside your DAW (feedback loops
– Create connections between any audio software on one or multiple
– Minimal latency, with full control over buffering.
– Supports multiple sampling rates on a single connection (built-in
– Built-in drift compensation.
– Send and receive back audio/MIDI with a single instance.
– Intel or M1 Mac running Mac OS 10.9 or newer.
– PC running Windows Vista or newer.