Rhodes is proud to announce the first official music software to carry its name – the Rhodes V8 – and is offering you the chance to get to know this deeply multi-sampled version of the acclaimed MK8 electric piano during a 45-day free trial. is proud to announce the first official music software to carry its name – the Rhodes V8 – and is offering you the chance to get to know this deeply multi-sampled version of the acclaimed MK8 electric piano during a 45-day free trial.
The V8 is a deeply multi-sampled, hyper-realistic version of the Rhodes MK8, capturing all the nuance and character of the flagship electric piano within 30,000 samples across 100 velocity layers. The only official software to carry the Rhodes name, the V8 is the final destination for musicians looking to augment their productions with the timeless beauty of ‘The True Rhodes Sound’.
The V8 Pre-amp features Drive, Low/High EQ and a Vari-Pan effect with Rate and Depth controls. A suite of presets and profiles let users access a wide variety of tones from the MK8, as well as some characterful Rhodes models, both real and imagined. The V8 also allows for Tuning adjustment, Mechnical Noise balancing, and the electroacoustic Timbre Shift, among other options.
The V8 Pro goes deeper, offering the MK8’s Envelope parameter for dialling in envelope-controlled filter effects like auto-wah, and unleashing the Vari-Pan circuit into audio rate modulation. The Compressor, Chorus, Phaser and Delay effects from the MK8 FX are here too. On the Setup page, users will find per-note control over Timbre, Fine Tune, Level and Damper response. A selection of microphones and amplifiers can be found, paying homage to classic studio and stage Rhodes setups.
- Deeply multi-sampled from the state-of-the-art Rhodes MK8 electric piano, including preamp, equalizer, vari-pan and drive
- VCA-based and bucket brigade delay effects tuned perfectly for the Rhodes sound: Compressor, Chorus, Phaser and Delay
- Profiles and Presets let you access to the sounds of vintage
- Rhodes pianos, plus famous players’ unique setups
- EQ mid band boosts for wah (via expression pedal/CC) and
- auto-wah (via Envelope dial)
- Vari-Pan with rate, depth, four waveshapes and audio rate options
- Choice of amp and mic effects for the sound of stage and studio
- ‘Under-the-lid’ per-note setup for timbre, tuning, damper and level
- Change tuning, balance mechanical noise, customise waveshapes
- ‘Expression’ input to any front panel parameter via MIDI CC
- VST/AU/AAX plugin for Mac and Windows
Rhodes V8 Pro
Prices include local VAT where applicable