Steinberg have updated their software sampler Halion to version to 220.127.116.118. They have added several new feature along several bug fixes. Visit www.steinberg.net for the update in the support section or you can search for it through ftp.pinnaclesys.com
* Caching category of fxp files.
* HSB Content: added “Remove from HALion Content” right-click command.
* Added 2 new User-Categories “Favourites” (3 before, total now 5).
* User-Categories “Favourites 1-5” can now be renamed by keeping Ctrl pressed when selecting.
* Added “Save Bank…” in Global Archive menu.
* More practical numerical changes with mouse wheel for text edit.
* RAMsave: when loading fxp, fxb or a Project samples are loaded in unloaded state.
* Fixed: FX Send didn’t “send” until it is moved.
* Installer can now register HALion3 as DXi (optional) in non CD-ROM version / Updates.
* Browser now moves deleted files to trash.
* When multiple Samples are dragged to virtual keyboard the root key is set correctly now.
* Fixed no indication of muted folders.
* Fixed not being able to cut a program with folders and then paste.
* Fixed various Autobrowse bugs.
* Creating new Folder in Program list is now correct when there is already a folder.
* Sample import now acknowledge names containing “-” (minus).
* Improved Roland disc conversion speed.
* Improved Kurzweil Import (Disc Detection, Multisample support, Layer transpose, Loop).
* Some Kurzweil CDs could lead to a crash. Fixed.
* Fixed looping problems when using set B of the loop.
* Fixed a problem where CC10 could mute sounding notes.
* Autopan / Tremolo FX: The Phase Fader now works as intended.
* Tape Delay FX: Added scrollbar to access last 2 parameters.
* DCA Bypass now works like in HALion 2.x.
* Cursor keys now works in Browser View.
* Fixed several graphical issues on Mac & PC.
* Fixed a possible crash while loading a 2nd project in Cubase / Nuendo.
* Reload of Samples to RAM if programs are moved outside of Global 16 didn’t work correctly. Fixed.
* Fixed a crash with Ableton Live 4 during HALion initializing. Remark: currently HALion doesn’t recall it’s settings in Live 4. This will be fixed in the upcoming Live update version 4.0.2 and is not a HALion issue.
* Loading HALion 2 fxps or Projects that used HALion 2 could lead to HALion not finding Samples immediately. Fixed.
* Standalone version didn’t support Wheel. Fixed.
* Optimized selecting and renaming Folders.
* Mac: Samples were sometimes not found. Fixed.
* Mac: Optimized Drawing in Keyzone when selecting samples.
* Mac: Crashes on Japanese OS fixed.
* Mac: Fixed crashes when loading a bank file without extension.
* Mac: The “Do not show this message again” checkbox is working now.
* Long close times for unembedded fxps extremely reduced by code optimizations.
* Mac: Fixed a crash when deleting a few samples out of a huge amount of samples.
* Fixed a crash when multiple instances of HALion3 were loaded with 256 voice buffers.
* HALion 3 caused Cubase SX 2 to not retain “can hide” status in the mixer for HALion 2 channels. Fixed.
* Mac: Installer trashing disk permissions for many folders. Fixed.
* PC: Pressing “Abort” during AKAI CD import seemed HALion 3 to freeze for a while. Fixed.
* Browser not clearing last state after re-instantiation or re-launch of the host application when the browsing target did not exist any more. Fixed.
* Fixed the browser alert “Samples not found” although samples were there and a new search did find the samples.
* Mac: Auto map to program FX was not working. Fixed.
* Mac: At high zoom-resolution the sample-names were not be displayed vertically. Fixed.
* Mac: The loop display on the loop page was not updated when “Clear all” was executed. Fixed.
* When the keyboard was zoomed-in to its maximum the click range of black keys was a few pixels too far left. Fixed.
* Removing content files from the content list was not possible. Fixed.
* Assigned key commands for solo, and mute in programs list did not work. Fixed.
* HALion 3 multiple ‘Copy loop to release loop’ failed. Fixed.
* Feeling when turning knobs improved.
* Using the mouse to change numerical fields improved.
* Loading Bösendorfer fxp lead to crashes. Fixed.
* Mac: ‘Enable controller in release’ option from sound-page mode had no function. Fixed.
* Mac: In the HALion3 standalone application the key commands were broken. Fixed.
* When Importing HALion 2 programs into HALion 3 balanced volume was not imported properly. Fixed.
* Mac: CPU Overload when switching pages while playing has been fixed.
* Switching Programs in the program list did redraw too often the other views. Fixed.
* Mac: Crash after loading a .hsb bank.
* Autopan/Tremolo: Shape parameter can now be edited properly.
* HALion stand-alone version: ASIO drive audio pair channel select was not possible. Fixed.
* Can’t control Mod-Ball by keyboard Mod-Wheel. Fixed.
* Crash or freeze when exiting Cubase SX 2 after inserting eight HALion3s. Fixed.
* PC: “Offset” amount cut off on sound page on Japanese Windows. Fixed.
* PC: “Peak of allocated Voice”, “Reset All ‘Don’t ask again’ Message…” and “Full Quality during Export (Mixdown)” were cut off on Japanese Windows. Fixed.
* Archive/Save Program did not save the samples in subfolders. Fixed.
* Mac: Type search item into browser search lead sometimes to a crash in Nuendo. Fixed.
* Mac: HALion 3 crashed host on ‘Revert to saved’ or project close. Fixed.
* Mouse wheel failed in browser unless it was used elsewhere first. Fixed.
* Macro page failed to show parameters until the program selection was reconfirmed. Fixed.
* Trouble selecting the correct folder on certain circumstances. Fixed.
* Keyzone view: Keyboard to delete folders often didn’t seem to work. Fixed.
* Changing output configuration created a softsynth track. Fixed.
* Key commands were not saved with standalone version. Fixed.
* Logic Audio + AudioUnit and HALion3 plus QuickTime lead to a crash. Fixed.
* Up/down arrow keys did not deselect all other samples. Fixed.
* PC: HALion stand alone version stops receiving MIDI after buffer size change. Fixed.
* Mac: AudioUnit parameter typing via keyboard was not working. Fixed.
* HALion3 cannot reconcile samples loaded into slots which are not assigned to global at time of loading. Fixed.
* Live 4 didn’t save HALion setting (bank). Fixed.
* Presets sometimes loading out of tune when running at 48 kHz. Fixed.
* Problem with chromatic drag and drop mapping fixed.