Sony Media Software has updated their Acid Pro 5 original loop-based music creation tool to version 5.0c and Soundforge software to create and edit digital audio files to version 8.0b.
Notable Changes/Fixes in ACID Pro version 5.0c:
* A bug has been fixed that prevented the input channel number from being recorded when recording MIDI.
* A bug has been fixed that could cause the Media Manager to crash when performing some editing operations if the Save media-usage relationships in active media library check box on the General page of the Preferences dialog was selected.
* The Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (SONY_MEDIAMGR) setup has been revised to improve security.
* A bug has been fixed that prevented you from creating a media library in any folder that contained a ‘ character in its path.
Notable fixes/changes in Soundforge version 8.0b:
* A problem with punch-in recording from the Record Remote dialog has been fixed.
* VST plug-in scanning has been improved.
* A bug has been fixed that could cause DirectX and VST plug-ins to remain in the FX Favorites menu after removing or hiding the plug-ins.
* A bug in the Multi-Band Dynamics dialog has been fixed.
* The Set To command on the envelope point shortcut menu in the Graphic Fade dialog now works correctly.
* A bug has been fixed that could prevent you from editing two files with the same file name simultaneously.
* A bug has been fixed that could cause problems with updating meters displayed in plug-in windows.
* A bug has been fixed that could cause the following message to be displayed on startup on systems that included some Adobe applications: “This application has failed to start because PRM.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
* A bug has been fixed that could cause processing jobs in the Batch Converter to fail when the Same as source radio buttons are selected.
* A bug has been fixed that prevented Japanese text from being saved with scripts.
* A bug has been fixed that prevented audio preview when using Echo Audio devices with PureWave or default Wave settings.
* A bug has been fixed that could prevent some commands from being mapped to custom keyboard shortcuts.
* Each Open dialog now saves its own most recently used folder list.
* Markers and regions are now saved correctly with .ogg files.
* A problem has been fixed that could prevent CD drives from being recognized on some systems.
The software updates are available for download at the Sony Media Software website.