Rob Papen, famous for his soundsets for Emu, Native Instruments, Alesis, and many more, plus the Albino (developed with Linplug), has announced a new virtual synthesizer project: BLUE!
* VST2.0 and AU plug-in synthesizer for PC and Mac.
* Six Oscillators modules which include Analogue, Additive and Spectral type waveforms. Osc. A and B offer PWM modulation and symmetry control. Oscillators can be combined in several ways using 32 different modulation routings in the Algorithm screen. Oscillators can have FM modulation or Ring modulation and can be oscillator hard synced. Each oscillator can be output to the filters, the effects or output as dry. Dedicated screens available in the LCD screen section for Algorithm selection, Phase distortion / Wave shaping settings and Oscillator Envelopes.
* Two analogue modelled stereo Multimode filters, offering 6dB LowPass/HighPass, 12dB and 24dB LowPass/HighPass/BandPass/Notch, Ring, Comb and Vox (formant). Filters with panning, panning modulation options and pre-filtering distortion. Easy filter control by pre-defined modulation controllers like Envelope, Velocity, Keytrack and Modulation Wheel.
* Nine Envelopes, AHDSFR type. Direct connected to the Oscillators volume, Filters frequency and main Volume amp to make sound editing fast and easy. Graphic and fader-control of Envelopes in one go. Dynamic curves and midi tempo based features like delay and envelope retrigger.
* Four Multi-Envelopes, These free high sophisticated envelopes can be built up using up to 32 sections. Full graphic control and additional menus with presets, load and save functions. Dynamic curves and midi tempo based functions.
* Ten LFOs with various waveforms and which are midi-syncable. Direct connected to main targets to make sound editing easy and fast. Direct connected LFO’s for PWM A/B, Filter Frequency A/B, Tremolo (amp), Vibrato (main pitch) and Three Free LFOs. LFO have adjustable, free/poly/mono modes, keytracking, symmetry, smoothing, attack, decay and humanize functions.
* Three modulation Step-sequencers with sequence loop start/end, poly/mono/free play modes, speed controls and step smooth function. Copy/paste/clear functions.
* Modulation Matrix with 2 pages of 10 slots. 12 synth sources & 23 midi sources and 103 synth destinations.
* 32 step mono sequencer, with sequencer length, speed adjust, slide amount, swing amount, volume smoothing. Each step has On/off, Reset, -32/+32 Semitune, Volume, Slide on/off, Filter A, Filter B and Free modulation settings. Clear, load and save functions to exchange sequences in between presets.
* Poly/Mono/Legato/Seq synthesizer play modes. Portmento featuring legato, switch-able constant time/constant rate. Mono unison mode.
* Adjustable Precision setting per oscillator to simulate the instability of vintage analogue synthesizers.
* 16-voice polyphony. Voice amount control.
* Global settings save with each individual preset like: keyboard velocity response curve, over-sampling settings and filter control smoothing.
* Easy Edit page for fast new sound results or for easy access tempo changes.
* External controller hardware (fader-box or synth) settings can be saved and restored.
* Two effects-blocks with serial and parallel mode. Nine stereo effects available including Mono Delay, Stereo Delay, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Distortion, Low Fi, Stereo Widener and Reverb. Midi tempo based settings in Delays, Phaser and Flanger.
* Equalizer for at total sound.
* Sound banks of 32 presets inside build in browser. Preset handling with copy, paste, clear and compare function. Preset banks are sorted into style-maps for easy search.
* All settings included the global settings are stored inside each individual preset.
* Presets in clear catagories by Rob Papen.
More information is coming in on BLUE. The first screenshots are available as well. For more screenshots on BLUE please visit our BLUE product page (link below).