reFX has released version 1.5 of QuadraSID, which also sees the release of the Audio Unit version for Mac OS X.
QuadraSID is more than a simple emulation of the SID chip. Enriched with many new functions e.g. an arpeggiator, four LFOs, wavetables and a eight fold oversampling, this software instrument offers unlimited sonic possibilities, and surprises even the most experienced SID professional by its flexibility. Each instance QuadraSID loaded emulates four SID chips at the same time – of course with four separate stereo outputs and controllable by MIDI-controllers.
– Fixed: The glide feature was broken in 1.4.1
– Enhancement: new rack-mode, setup-page was added.
– Enhancement: loFi, normal and hiFi modes were added.
– Enhancement: Bitcrusher-option (4, 8, 12 and 16bit) included for every SID-chip.
– Enhancement: ‘Enhance sound’ option on the setup-page.
– Enhancement: PC and Mac preset-files are now compatible to each other.
Customers can download their updates from the Downloads section right now.