Superwave, the developers of the popular SuperWave Performer, Professional and Trance Pro softsynths, have announced a new member to their productline with the Tarkus softsynth. Tarkus is a three oscillator synth VSTi for Windows.
– 12 Voices, 3 Oscillators + Noise Generator:
o 13 Oscillator Waveforms
o Band-limited Wavetable Synthesis
o Anti-aliased Hardsync
o Pulse Width Modulation
o Waveform Morphing
– 2 LFOs.
– Mixer (OSC1, OSC2, Noise).
– 4 Filter types with Resonance (24LPF, 12LPF, 12BPF, 12HPF).
– 2 ADSR Envelopes with Time Scale function.
– Amplifier (Level, Pan, EG2/Gate, Distortion).
– Virtual Patch function x4 (8 Source Inputs, 8 Destination Outputs, Depth Level).
– Arpeggiator (Up, Down, Alt1, Alt2, Alt3, Alt4).
– 16 Step Sequence x4 (Modulation x3, Gate):
o 29 Sequence Destinations.
o Sequence Types (Forward, Reverse, Alt1, Alt2).
o Independent Beat Resolution for each of the 4 Sequences.
– Pre-Bend function.
– Effects: Chorus, Phaser, Delay (Stereo, Cross, L/R), Equalizer.
– 128 preset Instruments, Sounds, Sequences and FX.
Tarkus is expected to be released in February 2006 and will cost $49.99 (40 euro). More information on Superwave at their website