Cakewalk have announced the free 5.2 update for SONAR 5.The update is for both 32-bit and native x64 versions of SONAR 5 Producer Edition and SONAR 5 Studio Edition and will be available early April 2006 as a free download for registered SONAR 5 users.
– SONAR 5.2 update highlights:
* VST 2.4 support, allowing for 64-bit double-precision audio quality through VST effects and instruments, along with compatibility with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. (Note: SONAR 5’s BitBridge technology allows pre- VST 2.4 plug-ins to run in SONAR’s x64 environment)
* Support for MIDI output data from VSTi plug-ins
* Support for Waves’ VST plug-ins (Note: Waves’ DirectX plug-ins have always been supported)
* Support for up to 4,096 MIDI channels to any ReWire device (up from 16)
* Extensions to SONAR’s Control Surface capabilities allowing Control Surfaces to receive multi-channel metering information and to get/set punch states
* In addition, the update addresses issues reported by customers after SONAR’s initial release specifically regarding the UAD-1 card, VST automation, SONAR’s Piano Roll and Inline Piano Roll, and Perfect Space
– Pricing and Availability:
Registered SONAR 5 customers can download the free SONAR 5.2 update from the Cakewalk website in early April 2006. Europe’s suggested retail price for SONAR 5 Producer Edition and SONAR 5 Studio Edition are €569 and €329 respectively (including VAT).