Tablet 2 MIDI is a standalone windows application that allow you to use your graphics tablet / tablet PC / digitizer as a set of MIDI controllers. You can add a virtually unlimited number of controllers, by defining areas of the tablet surface as buttons, sliders or XY-pads.
It will work with any tablet / digitizer that comes with a wintab driver. This includes Wacom / Aiptek / Thrust / Adesso / Medion tablets, as well as Penabled tablet PC’s, and most other tablets out there that are less than 10 years old. If you are looking for a USB tablet to use with tablet2midi then consider:
* It’s handy if it has a plastic cover so you can easily stick a piece of paper on the tablet surface for reference.
* Only the Wacom Intuos tablets support the advanced features like tilt / angle / rotation / two pens at once
* Size matters – you can fit more controls on a bigger surface.
* Resolution is not that important, as it is pretty high on all tablets.
* To be sure of compatibility, ask for a “wintab driver”.
Tablet 2 Midi is now available as a public beta. The purpose of this public beta is to ensure stability and compatibility on as many systems as possible, and to give you, the users a change to influence development. The final version will be available before christmas at a price below 40 euro (50 american dollars).