Numark have released the Total Control and the DMC2 DJ software controllers at the NAMM 2007. Total Control is a desktop controller where the DMC2 is a rackmount controller.
Total Control – THE MISSING LINK FOR SOFTWARE DJS.
A tabletop controller for DJs who yearn for the control they left behind when they switched from traditional mixers to the multi–processing power of laptop DJing. This fully class–compliant USB MIDI device is the ultimate for any performing computer DJ.
– 20 knobs, 5 faders, 31 buttons all send MIDI data
– Cue LE and Traktor LE included with controls pre–mapped
– Easy to learn mixer / CD player layout
– USB bus powered (no adapter needed)
– Kensington security slot to prevent theft
– Cue and Traktor controller overlays included to help identify controls
– Blank overlay included on reverse for custom mapping
– Mac OSX and Windows XP class–compliant / No driver needed
DMC2 – TAKE YOUR PERFORMANCE TO THE DIGITAL AGE.
The new DMC2 is Numark’s top–of–the–line professional DJ software controller, featuring a rugged metal frame that can be used in a 3U rack–mount setting or as a tabletop unit. With a form factor based on CD players such as the CDN95 and CDN35, it allows mobile DJs who are comfortable with rack consoles to quickly and easily add the power and versatility of software–based mixing to their arsenal. No assignment of software parameters for the DMC2 is necessary – simply connect the controller to a laptop with a USB cable, enable it on the computer’s “config” menu, and watch the virtual controls respond to the DMC2’s actions.
– High Speed HID USB 2.0 Interface
– Designed to interface with CUE and other popular DJ Programs
– Solid 3-U 19″ Metal Construction
– True instant start and Scratching of Audio and Video files with included CUE LE
– Versatile Rackmount and Tabletop design
– Traditional Intuitive Dual CD Player Style
– Bright Backlighted Displays that show song titles, BPM, time, and other information
– Song Select knob
– Video Mix buttons
– One button song Synchronization
– Scratch Wheel with finger grips
– Full Range Slider
– Automix Button for quick mixes
– Fader buttons to allow crossfade without a mixer
– Instant Cue point triggering
– Tactile Illuminated Rubber buttons
– Wide range of looping options
– Control effects and samples directly from the surface