Cakewalk today announces new versions of its popular SONAR Home Studio and SONAR Home Studio XL titles are shipping Worldwide.
At their core, SONAR Home Studio 6 and SONAR Home Studio 6 XL feature the power of Cakewalk’s flagship SONAR 6 paired with a feature set, price, and ease-of-use geared towards home studio owners and budget-conscious musicians.
* Designed for compatibility with Microsoft® Windows® Vista™
* Core feature set based on SONAR 6.2
* Quick Start guide, Track Presets, Project Templates, and Video Tutorials make getting started easy
* Sleek new interface enhances ease of use and allows customization of views, colors, and toolbars
* New mixing console with per-track Sonitus:fx parametric EQ
* 10 new professional audio effects
* Active Controller Technology (ACT) lets users easily control and automate effects, instruments, and their mix from MIDI controllers by automatically remapping controls to whatever has the focus
* Rip from and burn to CD directly from SONAR Home Studio
* Automate tracks, effects, and instruments easily with enhanced automation tools
* MIDI Input Quantize corrects the timing of MIDI performances in real-time
* Freeze tracks, effects, and virtual instruments to conserve CPU power
* Native and fully integrated support for VST plug-ins, no wrapper required
* DropZone sampler with extended library of instrument sounds including a Drum Pack and Bass Pack
* Cakewalk Publisher lets users present and stream their music on the Internet
SONAR Home Studio 6 is available through Roland and Edirol distribution partners. In Europe, SONAR Home Studio 6 has a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of €105/£71 inc. VAT, and SONAR Home Studio 6 XL has an MSRP of €158/£107 inc. VAT.
Available in select retailers around the world March 12, 2007. Upgrades will be available to registered SONAR Home Studio customers and other Cakewalk customers in Europe direct from Cakewalk.com or in the retail channel starting at €37/£25.