Rosegarden is a professional audio and MIDI sequencer, score editor, and general purpose music composition and editing environment. Rosegarden is an easy to learn, attractive application that runs on Linux, ideal for composers, musicians, music students, and small studio or home recording environments.
This 1.5. release contains a number of new features, most notably audio segment time-stretching support, and a many usability improvements particularly in the matrix view. This is also an interesting release from a developer perspective, because the source code has been completely reorganised into a new directory structure with a far more consistent file naming and organisation scheme.
* Add time-stretching for audio segments (ctrl-drag the edge of the segment).
* Add import and sample-rate conversion helper for arbitrary audio file types.
* Add helpful context help to status bar in track and matrix editors.
* Various improvements to the usability and friendliness of the matrix editor: do a better job of remembering settings, make the snap-to-grid behaviour more intuitive and pleasing, make better use of cursor changes, add quick-copy by dragging with Ctrl pressed, fix several bugs.
* Add tempo tapping to tempo dialog.
* Further fixes and enhancements to Lilypond export.
* New Invert, Retrograde, Retrograde Invert editing functions.
* Make transport window remember its previous location.
* More helpful warning dialogs on startup if something fails to start properly.
* Change build system from scons to cmake.
* Reorganised code into a new directory structure with a far more consistent file naming and organisation scheme.