Apogee Electronics introduces Duet, a revolutionary FireWire audio interface designed specifically for Apples Mac computers.
Duet is the first two-channel audio interface with control functions built directly into Apple’s Logic Pro, Soundtrack Pro and GarageBand software, creating a powerful yet simple personal audio system for professional production on a Mac.
Duet’s inputs and outputs feature two channels of Apogee’s legendary A/D and D/A conversion. The inputs offer two premium, digitally controlled microphone preamps with 75 dB of gain and two unbalanced high impedance instrument inputs. The two channels of reference quality output are available via the 1/4” powered speaker connections and studio quality headphone jack.
Duet is designed for ease of use and portability. Its sleek, ultra-compact chassis gives it a small footprint in the workspace and its bus-powered FireWire connection makes it possible to create professional recordings anywhere. Duet‘s multi-function controller knob can select the input or output source and set gain or level. Duet is also capable of controlling MIDI devices with a simple setting in Apogee’s Maestro software application.
“We are excited to advance the Native recording revolution with Duet,” said Betty Bennett, CEO of Apogee Electronics. “Apogee has worked very closely with Apple to produce the finest integrated audio solutions for the Mac. Duet is the personal version of our Ensemble interface and brings a level of quality and capability never before available at this price point.”
Features & Specifications
• Two channels of professional-quality 24-bit/96kHz audio input and output
• Two balanced XLR inputs, with selectable 48V phantom power on each input
• Two unbalanced high impedance instrument inputs
• One high-level stereo headphone output
• Two unbalanced -10 dBV line outputs for powered speakers
• Multi-function controller knob for volume and input gain control and assignable MIDI control
• Multi-segment LED meters to display input or output levels
• FireWire 400, compatible with Mac OS X Core Audio
• Integration and control with Apple’s GarageBand, Logic Pro, Logic Express and Final Cut Studio (Soundtrack Pro)
• Compatible with any Core Audio-compliant audio application
• Apogee’s Maestro software for advanced control and low latency mixing
• Computer: Mac G4 1GHz or faster, G5 or Intel CPU
• Memory: 1 GB RAM minimum, 2 GB recommended
• OS: 10.4.10 or greater
• Connection: FireWire 400 port
Availability: September 2007
MSRP: $495.00 US