Extreme 1.0 has been available for Windows for a couple of weeks. MHC are now releasing an Audio Unit (Universal Binary) for Mac OS X. It has the same features as the Windows version.
MHC will prolonge the discount for their newsletter subscribers so it becomes valid until the end of October, so Mac users shouldn’t feel discriminated.
Here’s a summary:
Extreme is a hybrid synthesizer which plays an extensive set of extreme waveforms/samples, for example distorted, big, punchy, noisy and wicked waveforms, processing these using a filter, envelopes, an LFO, an ensemble, delays and an effect section which features 133 different effect modes, including crossfading effects and layered effects.
Main features are:
– 1024 presets (if all soundpacks are installed). A soundpack is an expansion which adds new extreme waveforms and presets.
– Crossfading and layered effects which feature distortion, filter banks, a resonator, flanger, sub oscillation, amp modulation, pitch shift etc.
– All knobs can be mapped to MIDI controllers with a simple “learn” function.
– Ensemble with adjustable amount and mix. Stereo delays.
– Full polyphony. Only your CPU sets the limit or you may set a fixed voice limit.
Version 1.0 is available as a VSTi for Windows and an AudioUnit for Mac OS X (Universal Binary). Price is $139 for the plugin. The optional soundpacks are available for $39 (including all three soundpacks).