Extreme is a hybrid synthesizer which plays an extensive set of extreme waveforms/samples, for example distorted, big, punchy, noisy and wicked waveforms, processing these using a filter, envelopes, an LFO, an ensemble, delays and an effect section which features 133 different effect modes, including crossfading effects and layered effects.
Main features are:
– 1024 presets (if all soundpacks are installed). A soundpack is an expansion which adds new extreme waveforms and presets.
– Crossfading and layered effects which feature distortion, filter banks, a resonator, flanger, sub oscillation, amp modulation, pitch shift etc.
– All knobs can be mapped to MIDI controllers with a simple “learn” function.
– Ensemble with adjustable amount and mix. Stereo delays.
– Full polyphony. Only your CPU sets the limit or you may set a fixed voice limit.
– Version 1.0 has been released as a VSTi for Windows.
MHC is working on an AudioUnit for Mac OS X (Universal Binary).
Price is $139 for the plugin. The optional soundpacks are available for $39 (including all three soundpacks). A demo version is available.