At the end of this week IK Multimedia announced another three new products: Advanced Room Correction system, the first acoustic room correction system in a DAW plug-in, AmpliTube X-GEAR and AmpliTube Metal.
One of the most critical factors influencing the quality of a music production is the accuracy of the monitoring system. In fact, the combination of speakers and room acoustics prove to be the weakest link in the music production chain. When monitors are placed in a room, the surrounding walls, ceiling, furniture and other objects reflect and absorb their sounds; creating complex distortions specific to the room- causing them to lose the accuracy they have been designed for, and you end up hearing more of the sound of the room than the music actually being produced.
IK Multimedia has teamed up with the leading provider of sound equalization solutions, Audyssey, for the production of an innovative, low-cost and mobile solution to correct the distortion problems caused by room acoustics: ARC system.
ARC System delivers the most advanced solution to acoustical problems for any DAW-based studio. Combining a professionally calibrated microphone, standalone software that captures sound information and calculates proper room correction, and a multi-platform plug-in.
ARC System Measurement Software features:
* Automatic multi-point room measurement system, wizard based, based on Audyssey MultEQ technology
* Measurement precision when used with ARC System microphone: +/- 1.5 dB
* Requires 48 kHz operation (only for measurements)
* Requires ASIO Audio Hardware on Windows Vista or XP, CoreAudio on Mac OS X
* Saves Measurements sets to be opened on the ARC System Correction Plug-In
ARC System Correction Plug-In features:
* Multi platform high quality Frequency AND Time correction processor based on Audyssey MultEQ technology
* Correction precision when used with ARC System microphone: +/- 1.5 dB
* Correction processor resolution: 32 bits floating point
* Correction processor supported sampling rates: 32 kHz to 96 kHz
* Four target curves
* Graphic Frequency response display
AmpliTube X-GEAR is a software shell-host that allows you to open, in stand-alone and plug-in mode, ANY current and future “Powered by AmpliTube” product in a single interface (AmpliTube 2, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™, Ampeg SVX, AmpliTube Metal and AmpliTube 2 Live) with full mixing between their huge numbers of accurately modeled gear and the ability to control this fully expandable guitar and bass amp and FX system live with the StompIO.
– The cutting edge guitar and bass stage system
Through the new AmpliTube X-GEAR shell, any “Powered by AmpliTube” application can be controlled live with the StompIO for the ultimate stage rig. The StompIO is the only USB floor controller that gives you the same feeling of playing your computer like a high-end hardware floor processor with its 10 floor-board switches, 6 knobs, 2 large displays and up to 6 external switches/expression pedals with no need to ever see the screen or touch the mouse. StompIO is the first of a new generation of PC/Mac based guitar and bass FX systems that offers incomparable sound quality, flexibility, expandability, upgradeability, portability and the number/management of presets, in respect to traditional guitar and bass gear.
– Mix any “Powered by AmpliTube” gear models to build your ultimate custom tone
AmpliTube X-GEAR also allows you to load in any of the 5 “Powered by AmpliTube” gear models together in a single interface with full mixing capabilities among the astounding number of 128 different and accurately modeled gear. Plus, all future “Powered by AmpliTube” products will allow even more expandability to further build your ultimate custom guitar and bass tone.
Additionally, AmpliTube X-GEAR allows you to use any traditional MIDI controller (floor or desktop) to perform preset switching, amp and effects control, wah and volume function-all with a simple MIDI learn function.
For the first time it is now possible to build your own custom, expandable, software-based rig with the widest choice of superior modeled amps and effects. The complete system is so easy to use with a true plug-and-play that you will have it up and running in seconds. The most powerful guitar and bass processor you have ever dreamed of.
-The Metal Distortion Powerhouse Software/Plug-in
For the first time, a plug-in entirely dedicated to heavy-metal gear with an arsenal of 36 highly acclaimed modern/vintage amps and stomp box models spanning from the late 70’s through the 90’s. 7 highly sought-after distortion pedals plus 5 other must-have metal stomp-boxes, 4 amp heads and 8 cabinets for 32 high-gain amp combinations, plus 8-rack effects that rock! If you want a distortion powerhouse go for the Metal.
All of this available in the familiar and extremely easy-to-use Powered by AmpliTube interface which is laid down the same way your guitar rig is set up and with controls never more than 2 clicks away:
* 12 Stomp effects with highly acclaimed distortion models
* 4 Power amps
* 8 cabinet effects
* 4 microphones
* 8 post FX racks
* 2 fully configurable rigs with up to 32 insertable effects
* Digital tuner
* Stand-alone and VST/AU/RTAS plug-in for all popular DAWs
* Speed-Trainer for riff tracking
* Powered by AmpliTube®
* Exclusive DSM™ (Dynamic Saturation Modeling) technology
* MacOSX and XP/Vista compatible
12 Stomp Effects with highly acclaimed distortion models
AmpliTube Metal contains 7 of the most highly acclaimed distortion pedals of hard rock and metal with Japanese, British and American models. From vintage ‘70’s to ‘90s distortion, from metal to scream, all the firepower is into this high-gain arsenal. Add 2 highly-cutting flangers modeled from classic renowned metal flangers, a pitch-shifter for adding low-bottom bass sub harmonics, delay and sculpting graphic EQ and you have one of the greatest collections of metal pedals of all time.
Four Amp Heads that helped define the history of rock
A classic British 100W rock head plus one 80’s and two 90’s US metal lead heads with up to 300 watts. All collector’s examples of high-gain MOS-FET and tubes heads with enormous sound, from hard to heavy, all chainable with 2 rigs for complex routings.
8 Must-have cabinet stacks with 4 mics
All the possible 2×12” and 4×12” configurations and wattage, with accurate matching to the original heads, reconfigurable on 32 amp combinations for a huge wall of sound. Also includes a 1×15” low-bottom cabinet for 7-string guitar performances. Everything miked with 4 must-have classic microphone models.
8 Racks that rock
Multi-tap delay, Reverb, Tube Comp, Parametric EQ, Digital Flanger, Digital Chorus, Pitch Shifter, 31-band Graphic EQ.
Price & Availability:
– ARC System will have a MSRP of €579/$699 (comparable to a low-cost room acoustic treatment kit). A crossgrade version for all IK registered users will also be available at the reduced price of €419/$499. The product is expected to be available through IK’s network of dealers and distributors before the end of 2007. Pre-orders are already available at the IK online store.
– AmpliTube X-GEAR will have a list price of $99.99/€79.99 and will be available in November 2007 by download only.
– AmpliTube Metal will have a list price of $249/€199 and will ship within 2007 from IK’s online store and its network of authorized dealers and resellers.