iZotope has announced iZotope RX audio restoration plug-ins, featuring the essential tools for cleaning and restoring audio.
Soon to be available for VST, Audio Units, MAS, ProTools (RTAS, AudioSuite, HTDM), and DirectX, the plug-ins will be released in February 2008, and will be included with the award-winning standalone version for the same price of $349. Current RX customers will be able to download the plug-ins free of charge.
Using powerful, newly developed technology created by iZotope’s research team, RX removes hiss and buzz, eliminates clicks and crackles, and repairs overload distortion in audio. New intelligent spectral repair algorithms can even analyze and fill gaps in audio files to restore previously unusable recordings.
Ideal for any application that demands spotless audio, RX features a unique interface designed specifically for audio restoration work. RX’s modules attain great results quickly for time sensitive applications like broadcasting and podcasting, video production, and studio recording. Advanced features allow a level of control needed in critical applications such as forensics, audio remastering and archiving.
* Denoiser – suppresses broadband and tonal noise independently without harsh artifacts
* Spectral Repair – removes intermittent noises and even fixes gaps and corrupted audio using advanced re-synthesis techniques
* Declipper – saves previously unusable recordings by removing both analog and digital clipping
* Hum Removal – cleans up hum caused by poor wiring and other electrical problems
* Declicker – brings ancient records and master tapes back to life by removing analog and digital impulse noises
* Well-designed user interfaces – like iZotope’s other plug-ins, RX plug-ins feature unique interfaces, preset management, input and output metering and undo history windows which allow you to keep track of the changes you’ve made inside of each RX plug-in, and revert to earlier states.
In addition to the base version of RX, an extended application, iZotope RX Advanced, allows even more precise control over RX algorithms. RX Advanced will also include new plug-in versions in its February update.