Spectrasonics announced today the beginning of their 10-week “Omnisphere Preview Remix Contest” where registered virtual instrument users can create music using special loops that Spectrasonics has created from the eagerly anticipated Omnisphere Power Synth. Three winners will be chosen in July to receive a free copy of Omnisphere when it is released on September 15, 2008.
The contest soundset of 45 new loops were created using only Omnisphere and demonstrate a little ‘taste’ of some of the unique sounds and rhythmic capabilities of the highly-anticipated new virtual instrument. The contest soundset is a free download and is available in Stylus RMX, REX2 and WAV file formats. All Spectrasonics registered users can download the soundset, enter the contest and submit their tracks at the contest webpage.
“Omnisphere Preview Remix Contest” Details:
• Contest begins April 22, 2008 and ends June 30, 2008
• Eligibility: Any Spectrasonics registered users of Stylus RMX, Atmosphere or Trilogy can participate
• FREE contest soundset is available to all eligible users and licensed for use in any music production
• 45 brand new loops are included in Stylus RMX, REX2 and WAV file formats
• All the loops were created using only Omnisphere and demonstrate some of its unique capabilities
• Spectrasonics users can download the special soundset, and submit tracks by logging in at: http://contest.spectrasonics.net/
• Awards will be presented in three categories:
Best Vocal Production, Best Instrumental Production, Most Creative Production
• Participants can submit more than one entry, but can only win one award
• Winners will be announced in July 2008
Spectrasonics also released part 5 of their video preview series of Omnisphere. Check it out here.