Roland announced several new products at the London International Music Show. Amongst others they unveiled the new GW-8 Workstation and the revival of an oldie, the Juno in a stage version.
The GW-8 is the next generation of Roland’s unique GW-series workstations with intelligent backing-track functionality. With its fresh, contemporary sound-set and expressive musical styles from pop to rock, plus authentic ethnic styles and a multi-format USB Memory Player feature, the GW-8 will bring a world of music to your fingertips. It’s especially well suited for “one-man-band” performance.
* Contemporary music workstation with high-quality 128-voice sound engine derived from Roland’s renowned sound-module lineup
* Wide variety of contemporary sounds and intelligent backing styles, plus additional banks of ethnic sounds and styles from around the world
* USB Memory Player feature allows direct playback of MP3, WAV, AIFF, and SMF files from USB key; Centre Cancel feature for audio files enables karaoke-style sing-along
* Newly designed graphical display, plus Style Select button, Analogue Modify knob, and D-BEAM
* Style Converter and Playlist Editor software included
* Onboard 16-track sequencer for saving your interactive performances
Designed from the ground up for live performers, JUNO-STAGE is a new breed of synthesizer that every gigging keyboardist will love. Decked out with an extra-large display, USB backing-track functionality, a Click output for drummers, dedicated performance knobs, hands-free patch select, instant master MIDI control functionality, and much more, JUNO-STAGE sets a new standard for powerful onstage performance at a friendly price.
* High-quality, versatile sound set, including 88-key stereo multi-sampled piano plus dual SRX expansion bay
* Newly developed 76-note keyboard with first-class touch and response
* Live-performance features such as an extra-large LCD, dedicated Reverb and Master EQ knobs, Click Output for drummers, and hands-free patch-select footswitches
* USB port enables accompaniment-track playback (MP3, WAV, AIFF, SMF) directly from USB key
* Phantom powered mic input plus reverb, great for playing and singing along
* MIDI Controller mode transforms JUNO-STAGE into a MIDI master keyboard with a single touch
These new products will be available later this year (august and september). Pricing is yet to determined.