Akai Professional, the name synonymous with innovation in electronic musical instruments, announces a new tool for creating beats on-the-go, the XR20 Beat Production Station.
The XR20 is a portable beat production station loaded with a sound set that is geared towards making Hip-Hop and R&B beats wherever and whenever inspiration strikes.
More than 700 pre-loaded sounds cover a range of drums, percussion, effects and instrument samples, while an integrated effects engine includes Reverb, EQ and Compression, enabling musicians to make complete backing tracks. A microphone input is included for mixing vocals over patterns. Bright, backlit pads provide visual cues for added beat precision.
The XR20 features sounds of standard and electronic drums, single (one-shot) hits, bass and synth sounds to easily create the maximum mix in minimal time. Key features of the XR20 include:
* More than 700 sounds produced by Chronic Music
* Ninety-nine Preset Patterns and 99 User Patterns.
* Backlit LCD
* Bright, glowing, backlit pads that follow the beat
* Microphone input and Headphone output
* Pattern Play Mode – different patterns can be triggered from individual pads
* Drum Roll/Note Repeat feature
* Battery Power capability and AC Adapter
The Akai XR20 is coming Q2 – 2008 to musical instrument retailers with an MSRP of $499.