PreSonus Audio Electronics is pleased to announce the release of a new FireStudio Driver (ver 3.3) for the award winning FireStudio 26×26 FireWire recording system.
New Features of the new FireStudio Driver:
– Expanded Mix Mode – Replaces DAW returns 11-18 with ADAT 2 1-8 for a total of 26 inputs in all 9 stereo mixers.
– 24 Quick route to monitors – Direct routing to Monitors and Phones from the mixer page.
– Auto route to monitors – Auto routes currently selected Mix tab to the user choice of Monitors or Headphones.
– Phase alignment when locking to external clocks has been further improved.
– Improved ASIO performance, particularly on multi-core systems.
– 26 simultaneous inputs and outputs
– ASIO streaming performance on Vista has been improved.
– ASIO clients are now allowed to change the buffer size using the ASIO API, but only if there are no other ASIO clients open.
– Improved support for the WASAPI driver mode in Vista.
– Added support to the ASIO driver’s API so that an ASIO host can indicate that it will not attempt to change any parameters and therefore should not affect parameter locking.
– The operation mode settings available on OS X have been updated to match the settings available on Windows. On both platforms there are four modes available: Normal, and Safe Mode Levels 1 to 3.
– Driver Installer modified to install without reboot