Not really clear if this is just a rumour or already a known fact. But even if there are no details on the Kurzweil website, we have found pictures and some information on the near arrival of a 61-keyboard version of the Kurzweil PC3. According to a Kurzweil rep, the PC361 would arrive in coming january.
Main features of the PC3 series:
– Polyphony: 128 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated, lightning fast performance.
– Multitimbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
* Dynamic VAST: Powerful new synthesis engine, with user programmable DSP algs and routing. More DSP power than even our K Series instruments.
* VA1 Inside: anti-aliasing, power-shaped oscillators and DSP processing from Kurzweil’s VA1 prototype synth, capable of delivering authentic analog emulations as well as incredibly complex new sounds.
* Cascade Mode: lets the user route one layer through the DSP of any other layer within a program – up to 32 consecutive layers deep!
– Sequencer: Unlimited tracks; 1536 PPQ resolution. Song editing functions include both event and track-based tools like quantize, swing, remap, controller scaling and more. Controller chasing and a global “set song length” functions are also featured.
– Effects: 16 insert effects distributed over 12 busses, plus two auxiliary sends; featuring over 300 of our award winning effects – reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, Leslie simulators, compressors, and more.
– Master FX Section: User controllable master EQ section and master compressor for quick adjustments during live performance or putting the final touches on your studio mix. (These do not use up the insert effect resources.)
– Controllers: Pitch wheel, modulation wheel, 9 front panel sliders/drawbar controllers, 2 front panel switches (momentary or toggle, software selectable), 3 switch pedal input, 2 continuous control pedal inputs, mono pressure, Super Ribbon input, breath controller input. Controller values can be “captured” and stored as part of a program.