Allen & Heath has unveiled the Xone:22, a 2 channel analogue DJ mixer offering high quality audio and a professional feature set at an entry level price.
The smallest and most affordable Xone mixer to date, the Xone:22 is equipped with Allen & Heath’s characteristic sound and build quality, and professional grade features that would normally be found in the booth of a top-rated club.
At the heart of the feature set is a lite version of the renowned analogue Voltage Control Filter (VCF) system offering Low-Pass and High-Pass filters, frequency sweep and ‘mild to wild’ resonance control. There is also a soft switched effects loop to bring in external effects, which are routed back in through the filter system.
The new mixer has 2 stereo channels with dual phono/line inputs, and phonos can be configured to line if no RIAA sources are in use. There is a 3-band total kill EQ, crossfader curve control switch, and the maximum output level is a generous +25dBu.
The main mix output and mic input are on professional standard balanced XLR’s, and there is a dedicated record output. The Xone:22 is equipped with comprehensive monitoring facilities, including a booth output with its own volume control, a cue mix control, and ‘cue-to-master’ switch to preview the master output. There are also 10-segment LED meters with selectable bar or dot mode display for each channel.
“We’ve raised the bar on entry level mixer design with the Xone:22. It’s the first mixer at this price point to have a full cut isolator/EQ, accurate metering, quality faders and pro standard audio headroom. Incorporating a “lite” version of our now legendary Xone filter system is the icing on the cake,” explains Xone designer, Andy Rigby-Jones. “We want to offer the bedroom DJ a quality performance tool and a taste of the professional club experience.”
To complete the club quality effect, the Xone:22 is finished with UV sensitive ink screen for improved low light legibility.
Available from March 2009, SRP for the Xone:22 is £266 (+VAT).
Key features of the Xone:22 are:
• 2 stereo channels with dual phono/line inputs
• 3 Band full cut equalizer
• Voltage Controlled Filter system
• Soft switched (FET controlled) external effects loop
• Accurate signal level monitoring
• Main mix outputs on professional level balanced XLR connectors
• Dedicated local monitor output (booth monitor)
• Pro standard headroom (+18dB) to prevent overload
• +25dBu maximum output level (balanced XLR)
• Low audio distortion (typically 0.002% at +10dBu output)
• Dedicated record output
• Crossfader curve switch
• Cue mix control with cue to master switch
• UV sensitive ink screen for improved low light legibility
• Same high quality components as all other Xone mixers
• Universal voltage power supply (works anywhere in the World)