Urs Heckmann has announced the release of Uhbik, a new bundle of high quality audio effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac OS X in VST and AU formats.
The number of plug-ins included with Uhbik will increase over time, as free updates. Uhbik currently consists of the following effects:
* Flanger: Uhbik-F does both tape-style and stomp-style flanging in “extraordinary quality”. Chorus on top of that.
* Phaser: 14, 28 or 42 stages.
* Tremolo & Pan: If you think that tremolo is only a wobbly gain, Uhbik-T twists your audio around like nuts. Surround trance gate effects included.
* Frequency Shifter: Not just renowned for cruelty but also applicable in small & smooth doses.
* Ambience & Reverb: Modelled with the best in mind. This ambience processor provides the depth and the glue for your tracks.
* Multitap Delay: 5-tap tape-style delay with a clue or two.
* Equalizer: Transparent. Powerful. Flexible. Fast.
* Runciter – an evil filter: digital filter uhbik. Enough with emulations! Beyond!
All Uhbiks do surround processing, up to 8 channels, including typical formats like quadraphonic, 5.1 and 7.1. The idea therein is, the surround modes work without any complicated user interface clutter and without need for dedicated versions (apart from some hosts that require dedicated stereo versions, that is). So while the handling of Uhbiks is strictly stereo, you gain the advantage of fully surroundish sound and control, way superior to the “multi mono” workarounds that some hosts offer. Options are included to keep Lfe or Center/Lfe unprocessed – so you’re flexible all along.
Pricing and Availability: Uhbik is available for Windows and Mac OS X in VST and AU plug-in formats. It costs $199 but is currently available for the introductory price of $149 (+VAT where applicable).