Wacom is introducing NEXTBEAT, a fully integrated professional DJ system, incorporating intuitive touch sensor controls and innovative live performance functions. Its wireless portable control unit enables performers to move free from the main device, resulting in more dynamic and energetic live performances, contrasting to the traditional style of DJs performing inside booths. Nextbeat is not just a revolutionary interface, it is an instrument DJs can create new, original, and intuitive music through playing Nextbeat.
Wacom is approaching the music industry using its extensive experience of introducing award-winning products to creative professionals in the design and digital imaging areas. Nextbeat is the first product developed by Wacom that is based on its understanding of these creative customers, and the company is using its expertise in interface technology to diversify into a new sector.
– Nextbeat supports digital formats such as MP3, WAV and AIFF, AAC-LC.
– Nextbeat is a stand-alone DJ device.
– Transfer your favorite sounds – by track or by music folder – into a Compact Flash card by a simple drag and drop.
– One single nextbeat is offering you the performing features of two digital turntables, one mixer, one effector and one sampler.
– It is a 30cm X 30cm record jacket size and weighs approximately 2.7kg.
Nextbeat is designed for professional DJs. Wacom took a proactive approach to understand and meet out customers’ needs. About 15 International professional DJs are participating with the nextbeat design and development. Reactions from DJs have been very positive. Based on their comments and suggestions, Wacom is working on implementing their wish list to make nextbeat even better.
Availabilty: End of Summer 2009. Nextbeat will be distributed in Europe via a network of authorised Pro DJ Shops. Pricing is yet to be determined.