An updated version 2.2 of Voxengo Polysquasher is now available for download. Voxengo Polysquasher is a mastering compressor plugin for professional audio and sound production applications, available in AudioUnit and VST plug-in formats, for Mac OS X and Windows computers.
This version implements the following changes:
* Gain reduction graph’s precision was improved.
* Preset load inconsistency problem fixed.
* Waveform view random glitches issue fixed.
* Side-chain routing presets now appear dimmed to reduce confusion.
* Parameter automation on AU Mac OS X now shows real parameter values.
* The “VST Function Sync” global switch was added that fixes crashes in some hosts (i.e. Tracktion).
* The “No Multi-Channel Operation” global switch was added that fixes incompatibility with some non-VST2.3 compliant VST hosts.
* Preset “update” function implemented in the preset manager.
* “Density mode” implemented in the output level meter.
Polysquasher was designed with a main goal: to be transparent. Polysquasher achieves its goal by using a unique compression algorithmwhich requires a small number of parameters – basically threshold and ratio only – making this compressor a joy to use. Polysquasher is best used as a finishing compressor inserted in the chain before the final mastering limiter.
* Transparent compression sound
* Real-time gain reduction graph
* 8 built-in compressor modes
* Compressor mode editor
* Multi-channel processing
* Internal channel routing
* Channel grouping
* Mid/side processing
* Up to 8x linear-phase oversampling
* 64-bit floating point processing
* Preset manager
* Undo/redo history
* A/B comparisons
* Contextual hint messages
* 22-millisecond processing latency
Demo version of Voxengo Polysquasher and other pro audio plug-ins can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site.