Solid State Logic, the world’s leading manufacturer of professional digital and analogue consoles, has released their first iPhone App. The ‘Remote Control For X-Patch’ can be downloaded for free from the iTunes™ App Store now. The X-Patch Remote Control searches a network over Wi-Fi for SSL’s X-Patch devices. If your X-Patch is connected to a Wi fi network the Remote Control enables selection and recall of individual stored Logictivity™ Presets. There are up to 128 presets per X-Patch found, and where more than one X-Patch is found, each device can be independently selected and controlled.
X-Patch is designed to deliver the flexibility of plug-in style routing to boutique analogue signal processing. X-Patch allows analogue signal processing units to be built into favourite processing chains and then easily placed into signal paths, for example, favourite Mic Pre, EQ & Dynamics processors recalled as the perfect vocal chain at a single stroke.
At its heart, X-Patch is an ‘intelligent’ 16×16 SuperAnalogue™ audio routing matrix. Control of this sophisticated processing is made simple through SSL’s unique Logictivity Browser™; this graphical interface allows the creation of X-Y routes and chains with all configurations able to be saved as presets.
In a studio environment X-Patch speeds up workflow and aids creativity by reducing the constant physical re-patching required when using only a patch bay for routing. Each X-Patch unit also has local MIDI IO for connection to footswitches and other utility MIDI program change devices.
X-Patch Key Features:
· Inserts analogue processors into production workflow like plug-ins
· Suited to studio production and live performance applications
· Insert ‘chains’ can be created, saved and recalled
· Browser software controls routing and set up
· Ethernet connection to Mac or PC host computer
· 16 x 16 pure analogue routing matrix
· Rear panel audio connection via 4 x 25 way D-Sub’s
· Front Panel combi inputs and XLR outputs for channels 1 & 2
· SSL SuperAnalogue™ transparent audio performance
· MIDI connectivity enables use of Programmable Foot controllers
· +4dB and -10dB operating levels facilitate use of guitar pedals etc
X-Patch is available now for free from the iTunes App Store.