Voxengo SPAN version 2.2 update is now available for download. SPAN is a free real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plug-in for professional music and audio production applications. For the most part it was derived from Voxengo GlissEQ dynamic parametric equalizer and reproduces its spectrum analysis functionality. SPAN conforms to AudioUnit and VST plugin specifications, and is available for Mac OS X (v.10.4.11 and later) and Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) computers.
List of changes in version 2.2:
* Correlation meter values around -1 are now displayed correctly in the “density” mode.
* Statistics “reset” function now resets statistics of all channels correctly.
* K-metering modes now use fixed 600ms RMS and release time constants.
* Additional visual look variation settings added.
* Underlay color selection was removed – group’s defined color is used now.
* “Hide Meters and Stats” switch added.
* Spectrum display is now more precise in high-frequency region.
* Output signal power statistics
* Spectrum smoothing
* Clipping statistics
* Correlation meter
* Multi-channel analysis
* Mid/side analysis
* Internal channel routing
* Channel grouping
* Preset manager
* Undo/redo history
* A/B comparisons
* Contextual hint messages
As a side note, Voxengo User Survey located at www.voxengo.com/usersurvey/ is still accepting your answers (you do not have to be logged in to participate).