Have you ever wanted to bring your DJ skills straight from the bedroom to the main stage of a big venue? Do you think you can play for a large crowd along top DJs on the scene? Aspiring DJs of all levels and horizons are offered a unique chance to get out on the scene and share their talent and tracks.
The winner of MixVibes DJ Contest #3 will be the lucky DJ to rock Glaz’Art in Paris for the NINJA TUNE vs PROTOCLIP party with Hexstatic, Thavius Back, ZerodB, Oof and Offshore, on Saturday November 20th. This event will bring the best of the infamous UK label, Ninja Tune, with ground breaking video artists selected by PROTOCLIP, organizer of an international music video festival.
The contest is open to all DJs around the world. The winning prize includes a comprehensive package: travel and accommodation in Paris, an artist fee, an exclusive backstage pass and a professional DJ solution, MixVibes VFX CONTROL, including software and MIDI controller. He will also feature in a video that he can use for his promotion.
Here’s your chance to steal the show and be part of an amazing line-up including nothing but confirmed artists. Get on board now!
• 1st prize: DJ set @ NINJA TUNE vs PROTOCLIP party + 1 VFX CONTROL (719€ street price)
• 2nd prize: 1 CROSS PACK + goodies
• 3rd prize: 1 CROSS + goodies
To enter, contestants must submit a 10-minute mix. You can enter the contest using any software or type of decks/controller you wish. The set at the club however must be played with MixVibes products only except mixer, CD players, turntables and external effects. A free trial version of MixVibes CROSS DJ and MixVibes CROSS are available for download on www.mixvibes.com.
Your mix session must be recorded on audio/video and uploaded to Youtube as “MixVibes DJ contest #3 – your DJ name”. The closing date for entries is Sunday November 14th 2010 at midnight. You must subscribe to the MixVibes forum. Enter all your contact information: DJ name, name, email, age, country, website. Post your mix to the MixVibes facebook page.
The main criteria of selection on the videos will be based on the hard facts:
• Quality of mix and tracks blending
• Relevance of track selection
• Originality of mix
Make the difference and give yourself the best chances to win by following these tips:
• Record good audio and video footage
• Make sure we can see you are using a MixVibes product (apparent interface)
• Pick a good visual background and your craziest DJ outfit
• Dee Nasty (Hip-Hop Legend)
• DJ Oof (Ping Pong CEO & VideoDJ)
• D-Frank (Only4DJ journalist & DJ)
• Polocorp (MixVibes community manager & DJ)