Urs Heckmann (u-he) proudly presents a new version of Zebra: V2.5.1 is now available for download. With numerous improvements, including the new oscillator effects and 64-bit support, version 2.5.1 is much more than a normal maintenance update.
Urs also decided to offer Zebralette for free! Zebralette started out as “magware” and then became part of the Zebra bundle as a learning tool for Zebra’s powerful oscillators. Zebralette is still automatically installed together with Zebra, but now has no demo limitations.
Read more about Zebralette here.
Last but not least, U-He have dropped the old $20 charge for upgrading from Zebra1 AU to Zebra2. All Zebra1.x license owners can retrieve a free Zebra 2.5 license from the support section.
- adds more than 70 new factory presets (Howard Scarr)
- adds a bunch of Zebrify presets (Tasmodia)
- includes completely new, well-structured manuals
- adds two new spectral effects (Phase Distortion and Wrap)
- includes native 64-bit support for Mac AU and VST Win
- adds Cocoa view to AU version
- loud spikes while switching presets now eliminated
- improved timing stability for swing (affects LFOs and arpeggiator)
- improved timing for MSEGs
- improved CPU usage for RTAS (Mac) version
- RTAS (Mac) now supports ctrl+alt+cmd+click (“3-finger salute”) automation
- improved installers, take Win7 permissions issues into account
- Zebralette is now freeware, includes extra presets (also by Howard)
- various bugs and niggles fixed, minor GUI improvements
- upgrade from Zebra1 AU is now free