A bank of over 400 presets, a collaboration between Hans Zimmer and Howard Scarr. Practically all Zebra sounds in the The Dark Knight as well as The Dark Knight Rises soundtracks are included, plus several more that didn’t quite fit into the scores. Furthermore, the pack includes Hans’ custom built version of Zebra, dubbed ZebraHZ. Many of the more recent patches make use of the extra features available in ZebraHZ.
What you need to know
- you need a valid license of Zebra 2.x to use these sounds
- upon purchase you will receive an email with the download link
- the download contains installers for Mac and PC
- The Dark Zebra and ZebraHZ install alongside Zebra 2.x
- ZebraHZ is VST2 and AU only (no RTAS, but AAX and VST3 are in the works)
- presets have been made to suit Hans’ workflow – read patch info on how to use them!
- Although ZebraHZ has prototype character, it worked flawlessly during scoring sessions
- ZebraHZ features CPU-expensive Diva filters but does not have Diva’s multicore support
- download the Dark Zebra User Guide for details and license information (click)