Moog Music have released a new version of their synth app, AniMoog. Version 2.0 is since yesterday available at the app store.
Animoog, powered by the new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), is Moog Music’s first professional polyphonic synthesizer designed exclusively for the iPad. ASE allows you to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.
Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling you to quickly sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.
Visually captivating and sonically immersive, Animoog brings iPad based music production to the next level. Whether you are new to synthesis or a professional, Animoog’s unique user interface gives you the power to easily create a visually vibrant and sonically rich universe. It is the ultimate tool for total creative expression!
Animoog’s diverse library of timbres is derived from analog waveforms captured from classic Moog oscillators, both vintage and modern, and run through a boutique’s worth of high-end outboard and analog signal processors. These include modular synth panels, Moogerfooger pedals and more.
What’s New in Version 2.0.0
• Scale Lock
• Note Hold Function
• Battery Indicator
• Accelerometer as a Mod Source
• Audiobus Compatibility
• Load/Save MIDI CC maps
• Sonoma Audiocopy/Audiopaste integration
• Double-Tap to delete Path points
Now Available in the Animoog Store:
• New 4-Track recorder (for iPad 2 or above)- Now you can record, edit, loop, import from iTunes and export to Soundcloud all from within the Animoog world. As a gift to Animoog users, the 4-Track recorder is completely free through Dec 31, 2012.
• Grateful Dead Expansion Pack- An incredible new Timbre/Preset pack created from a live performance by the Grateful Dead at the Carousel Ballroom on 2/14/68