There where rumours and they are tru: Korg will announce a new synth at de NAMM 2013: The KingKORG. Korg.de has all the info, here is a translation by Google:
KingKORG is the standalone analog modeling synthesizer with a huge potential! KingKORG embodies the seamless continuation of the design philosophy of classic KORG analogsynths like the MS-20 and Mono / Poly, from which the Prophecy have originated Z1, MS2000, and RADIAS.
This fascinating new instrument has the unique characteristics of a typical synthesizer and an arsenal of practical controls for a perfect sound design. Despite its impressive technology, synth beginners become familiar with KingKORG quickly. On stage, he offers not only his great sound, but also literally, with its magnificent champagne-gold finish that emphasizes its royal name – KingKORG.
- Full featured analog modeling synth with 61 keys – optimized for live performance
- Powerful oscillators – understandable for beginners, fascinating for experts
- Modeling Filters for the reproduction of classical instruments
- 3 effect sections (each with 6 types of effects) to the perfect design of the sound
- Vacuum Tube Driver for brilliant overtones fat Distortion
- New panel layout for intuitive operation
- CV / GATE OUT jack mono tribe or to control a Korg MS-20 (mini)
- Free Librarian software for program management to download