Allthough Abbey Road this week announced several plugins that are being discontinued, they will still be working together with partners on other audio software. One example of this is the unveiled J37 Tape Saturation plugin they have developed with Waves. This tape saturation plugin is, a precision model of the very machine used to record many of the greatest masterpieces in modern music.
J37 Tape Saturation
With a variety of user-adjustable controls including Tape Speed, Bias, Noise, Saturation, Wow and Flutter, the Waves: Abbey Road J37 faithfully recreates the inimitable sonic signature of the original machine. In addition to the J37 itself, three exclusive oxide tape formulas have been modeled. Specially developed by EMI during the ‘60s and ‘70s, each formula has its own unique frequency response and harmonic distortion behavior. In order to push the envelope even further, a comprehensive Tape Delay unit has been added to complement those warm tones.
The Waves: Abbey Road J37 tape emulation plugin will bring stunning analog warmth to your digital recordings, delivering a level of hardware realism never before experienced “in the box.”
- Tape saturation plugin
- Created in association with Abbey Road Studios
- Modeled on the machine used to create countless classic ’60s tracks
- Includes models of three exclusive tape formulas developed by EMI
- Adds analog warmth to digital recordings
- Controls for Bias, Wow, Flutter, Tape Speed and more
- Comprehensive Tape Delay including three different delay types, Sync, LP and HP filter controls and more