Feeling lucky, punk? Well yes you should as dirty harry is being released as free ware now by de la Mancha. Dirty Harry used to be a payware VST synth, but since de la Mancha stopped selling any plugins at all, they will release it for free. Enjoy it in all its dirty, gritty, lofi glory!
dirty harry offers 20 unique waveforms in all their mono/monophonic glory. For extra grit the oscillators can be sync’d or ring modulated. Fidelity can be lowered further still with reduction in sample quality, distortion and a unique ‘bad contact’ emulation. Two tempo sync LFOs allow modulation of filter, pitch and contact, with one LFO modulating the depth and frequency of the other. There are envelopes for volume, pitch and filter, with different contours and pitch options. Throw in an arpeggiator, pitch drift and portamento and you can see that whilst it may be lofi in sound, it doesn’t lack for sound design feaures.
- 20 unique waveforms sampled from my homemade lofi synths, the Atari Punk Console and the BugBrand WOM
- 3 oscillators, syncable to osc1 and ring modulatable with each other
- Each osc can be routed to the filter independently
- 2 tempo sync LFOs with many waveforms, can modulate filter cutoff, each osc pitch and the contact depth and wet level
- LFO 2 can modulate the depth and speed of LFO 1
- 2 envelopes for volume, filter or pitch, with various contours and options to modulate up/down
- Tempo sync arpeggiator
- Dodgy contact emulation
- Pitch instability
- Low quality, dirty, lo-fi options
- 16 additional dirt types
- 3 additional lofi options
- Arp octave range
- 104 presets covering Lead, Bass, Arp, Drone, Fx and Basic styles