Korg announces the availability of OS 2.1 for its flagship KronosX Music Workstation and the original Kronos. It adds several new features as well as improvements to the CX-3 organ modeling engine.
More Powerful CX-3 Engine
CX-3-one of the nine Kronos engines-now boasts an updated effects section with enhancements to the Amp model, Rotary Speaker, and Vibrato Chorus. To complement the CX-3 updates, Korg has also announced KRS-06-a new bank of free organ sounds created by a global who’s who of organ greats, including Keith Emerson, Neal Evans, Larry Goldings, Rami Jaffee and more.
OS 2.1 also adds several performance features
- The joystick +/-X (pitch-bend) can now act like a rotary speaker speed switch on a vintage organ: move it to the left for Chorale (slow) and to the right for Tremolo (fast)
- A real-time graphic indication of the Rotary Speaker speed in all performance modes
- A polyphony-saving option for Timbre/Track Mute
- A choice of how the Mute buttons work in Combinations and Songs
- The ability to assign external MIDI CCs (from a pedal controller, for instance) to numerous control functions
The new OS and sound bank are both available for free download as part of an ongoing program offering sound support and enhancements to Kronos users. To download, please visit www.korg.com/kronosx, click the “Support & Downloads” tab on the left, then choose Operating System (to update the OS) or Soundware (for the new organ programs).
To view the entire selection of Kronos sound libraries that are available for purchase, please visit: www.korg.com/kronos/SoundLibraries.