Universal Audio have released UAD software v7.4.1, which is a public beta download for Mac users that allows Pro Tools 11 owners to take advantage of the complete UAD plug-in library. This release supports the entire UAD-2 product lineup, including all Apollo interfaces, UAD-2 PCIe cards, and UAD-2 Satellite devices. (Windows 7 users, fear not — a fully tested and qualified cross-platform release will drop in early 2014.)
AAX 64 Support for UAD and Apollo for Mac
Pro Tools 11 and AAX 64 support for UAD Powered Plug-Ins is now available as a public beta for Mac users.
UAD software v7.4.1 is a free public beta that gives Pro Tools 11 users
- Total session and automation compatibility with earlier versions of Pro Tools
- Access to the complete library of UAD Powered Plug-Ins in AAX 64
- Seamless interoperability with Apollo series interfaces and Realtime UAD Processing
- Support for Pro Tools 11’s faster-than-realtime (offline) bounce feature
Also added some new functionality including
- AudioSuite processing for file-based workflows, which allows you to process files and selections with UAD plug-ins, commit the changes and free up DSP
- Multi-mono support, so you can use UAD plug-ins on surround and stereo tracks with full linking and unlinking capability
The UAD v7.4.1 public beta has proven both stable and reliable in our extensive internal testing. Universal Audio are currently working on full qualification testing on Mac OS X and finishing Windows 7 AAX 64 support. Both Mac and Windows will be shipping in early 2014.