batZode introduces an app thtat turns your iPad into a ‘breath’ midi controller, Blowfinger. The iPad becomes a super-expressive, easy-to-play wireless MIDI wind controller, using either keyboard or simple woodwind technique. (It also works as a breath controller.) Just blow into any iPhone headset mic or the optional pro mouthpiece and experience the soul-to-MIDI connection you’ve been missing.
Blowfinger Keyboard mode
– Velocity-sensitive keyboard allows you to glide between notes in a way not possible on a regular keyboard, making this an excellent musical performance addition to any set-up.
– Use the eight utility pads with user text labels to send program changes or keyswitches. Or use them to play drums and percussion – they’re velocity-sensitive.
– The XY pad offers additional expressive control in both axes, and it can be set to snap back to zero, to the center, or stay where you release it. Choose which MIDI controller is sent in each direction.
– Transpose octaves up or down with one tap (either or both keyboard manuals).
Blowfinger Wind mode
– Simplified fingerings based on recorder or Boehm system allow anyone who’s ever played a wind instrument to pick up Blowfinger right away. You switch octaves with your left thumb, so once you know one octave you know them all.
– One size fits all. The keys and the thumb pads can be resized, moved, and stretched all over the screen. Play the instrument on your lap or perhaps a desk in front of you, or move the pads to the sides and hold the iPad up to your belly.
– XY right thumb pad. This has the same features as the one in Keyboard Mode, with your choice of snap back behavior and MIDI controllers.
– Blowfinger can work as a breath controller without sending notes; in Breath-only mode, blow without fingering and it sends a MIDI controller.
– Simultaneous support for Network MIDI over Wi-Fi, hardware MIDI, and inter-application MIDI to control synths running on the same iPad. Also supports rpMIDI for wireless MIDI on Windows.
– While it feels great right away, you can personalize the breath response to suit your preference and also to adjust for noisy environments.
– Global transposition so you can play in the key of Cb without getting angry.