Serato releases Serato DJ 1.8, the next major software update for Serato DJs. This update adds key detection and display, an update to Pitch ‘n Time DJ allowing key shifting and key sync, user hardware remapping as well as support for the all new Pioneer DJ DJM-S9 mixer and a number of important performance and stability updates. Serato DJ 1.8 is a free update for all DJs with supported Serato DJ hardware or licenses. All previous Serato DJ trials have also been reset, giving Serato DJ Intro users another 14 day trial period to test out these new features.
Serato CEO, AJ Bertenshaw says:
“Serato DJ continues to move forward and 1.8 adds another important feature for professionals with in-built key detection and display, giving DJs even more tools to craft perfect mixes. Hardware remapping is a common request from the community. We’re happy to be making this option available for DJs wanting to customize their workflow – especially with the number of new features in the software. As well as this update, Pitch ‘n Time DJ users will be happy to see an update to this expansion pack with some powerful new key shifting and sync features – this is something uniquely Serato and something we’re exciting to see DJs experiment with!”
● Analyse the root key of your tracks in the Serato DJ Offline Player, a free download.
● Organize your Serato DJ library by key.
● Coloured key display in the Serato DJ library for quick and easy recognition and key
● Choose one format to display key for all your tracks, whether analysed in Serato DJ or
elsewhere. Display Camelot, Open Key, Musical Key notation or Original Tag (what’s already
in your files).
● Key is written to your track. View this info in any other music software that supports ID3 tags.
● Serato DJ key analysis is developed by Serato.
Pioneer DJ DJM-S9 Support
Serato DJ 1.8 also adds hardware support for the Pioneer DJ DJM-S9 mixer. Following on the success and legacy of Pioneer DJ’s classic 2-channel DJM-909 mixer, the DJM-S9 takes things a step further, offering a number of new hardware developments as well as tightly developed integration with Serato DJ.
Serato DJ 1.8 is available now! Update here.