Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH today announced the immediate availability of their latest virtual instrument, Retrologue 2, tagged the VST virtual analog synthesizer.
Compatible with both VST and AU hosts, this versatile synthesizer conveys ample power and provides a vast range of sounds that add to its tonal richness and complexity. Picking up where the highly acclaimed previous version left off, Retrologue 2 meticulously emulates the sound of analog circuitry and its associated warmth.
Three virtual analog oscillators provide up to eight de-tunable voices alongside an additional sub oscillator and noise generator. The filter section comprises 24 filter shapes and five distortion modes. The ultra-flexible Arpeggiator, a powerful modulation system and comprehensive set of effects, including reverb, delay and the innovative three-band Resonator, stretch the creative envelope, only to be complemented by the extensive collection of exclusive presets.
A 30-day trial version of Retrologue 2 for evaluation without feature restrictions is available from the product pages.
“Our goal was to increase the sonic spectrum of Retrologue 2 with new features without losing the intuitive concept of the instrument,” said Matthias Quellmann, Senior Marketing Manager for Steinberg. “The result is a full-fledged virtual analog synthesizer with an amazing level of quality and performance.”
Steinberg today have also released a point update to their Cubase Pro and Artist music production systems. Cubase Pro 8.5 and Cubase Artist 8.5 include Retrologue 2 and many other features and enhancements.
Availability and pricing
The full version of Retrologue 2 is exclusively available as download through the Steinberg Online Shop for 99.99 euros, including German VAT. The update from version 1 is available for 49.99 euros, including German VAT.
Customers who have purchased the first version of Retrologue from October 15, 2015, are entitled to a free downloadable Grace Period update to Retrologue 2.
Customers who already have purchased Absolute 2 including the first version of Retrologue receive a free update to Retrologue 2 automatically.
Features at a glance
• Classic virtual analog synthesizer optimized for low CPU load.
• Over 700 outstanding presets covering classic analog synth sounds and beyond
• Intuitive interface for fast, creative sound design
• 3 oscillators with up to 8 de-tunable voices alongside sub and noise oscillators
• 3-band Resonator with 14 different filter configurations and integrated LFO
• Arpeggiator with up to 32 steps and “Export to host” feature
• 24 first-class filter types
• 4 LFOs plus filter, amp and custom envelopes
• 16-stage drag and drop modulation matrix with Note Expression support
• 5 distortion modes including tube, clip, bit reduction and rate reduction
• FX section with delay, chorus, flanger, phaser, vintage ensemble, reverb and 4-band EQ