ValhallaDSP is happy to announce the release of ValhallaRoom for OSX (AU/AU64/VST/RTAS). ValhallaRoom is a versatile, true stereo algorithmic reverb. It features several original reverberation algorithms and has been designed from the ground up to produce a wide range of natural reverberation sounds: small ambiences, warm rooms, halls, plates, cathedrals, and into the void.
- Unique Early reverb section allows user to dial in subtle and short bursts of early reverberation energy, as well as gated reverbs up to 1 second in length.
- The Late section produces natural reverb decays ranging from 0.1 seconds to 100 seconds. The decay can be controlled in 3 adjustable frequency bands.
- Both Early and Late reverb sections have adjustable modulation, to produce sounds ranging from lush chorusing, to subtle and natural long decays.
- ValhallaRoom is true stereo. The Early and Late reverb sections are both stereo-in, stereo-out. The spread of energy between the stereo channels can be controlled over time, which helps preserve the input spatial image.
- The GUI has been designed for easy navigation, and is inspired by Joseph Müller-Brockmann, NASA control panels, and Sesame Street.
- A comprehensive preset browser makes saving, recalling and sharing settings easy.
- Four original reverberation algorithms:
- Large Room – designed to emulate big rooms with a wide spatial impression, with smooth “detuning” modulation
- Medium Room – sparser than Large Room, with a more random modulation
- Bright Room – a lush, shinier-than-life reverb, with deep modulation and a somewhat slower attack
- Large Chamber – a smooth decay with consistent high echo density and subtle detuning modulation
ValhallaRoom has been designed from a psychoacoustic perspective. Instead of creating a simplified physical model of a simplified physical space, VRoom generates early and late acoustic energy that provides the spatial and phase cues needed to create an “idealized” room impression.