Cockos have announced the newest version of the growingly popular Reaper. Now at version 5, this DAW has come a long way since it first started out a little under a decade ago, in August 2006.
A new Reaper 5 license includes unlimited free updates through Reaper version 6.99. Frequency varies, but updates are typically released every few weeks. These updates include bug fixes, feature improvements, and significant new features, all of which are free. Updates only take a minute or so. All preferences and configurations are preserved, and forward and backward compatibility are maintained.
- FX: VST3 support, sample-accurate automation for VST3 and JSFX, FX browser improvements.
- ReaScript: API and scripting improvements, including a built-in development environment for creating and debugging scripts in LUA, EEL, or Python. Create anything from simple macros, to complex new functionality.
- Control grouping: Flexible, automatable VCA control. Link groups of track controls together at any point in the signal flow.
- Video: Many improvements to video support and performance, including real-time programmable track and item effect processing.
- FX parameter automation: Full automation and MIDI/OSC learn support for per-take FX, improved FX envelope and modulation management via the Project Bay, increased automation recording speed.
- And more: New GUI layouts, Media Explorer improvements, metronome beat patterns, Opus support, MIDI note-off editing, new volume envelope modes, new actions and API functions.
Pricing and Availability:
$60 : Discounted license usage.
$225 : Commercial license usage.
For further information, please visit the Reaper website.