Midique announces the new KNTRL9, a MIDI controller with 27 rotary knobs, 9 faders and 9 full color LED indicators. The KNTRL9 supports both MIDI OUT and MIDI over USB and thus can be used with both your DAW and hardware setup. It is powered over USB, so no separate power supply is needed.
By using durable materials in favor of plastics, this controller is not only eye candy but also reliable and robust. The stainless-steel knobs and faders are designed in-house to give the best haptics and feel. The housing is made from solid wood (currently available options are oak and walnut) and 2mm thick aluminium panels.
With the included software tool, the user can configure the controls (both 7- and 14-bits CC are supported, as well as NRPN) and the LED colors. There are 5 presets that can all be edited and be easily selected using the push buttons on the top.
The KNTRL9 also comes with a MIDI remote script for Ableton Live that takes care of easy track browsing using the 9 color LEDs on the controller. Each LED corresponds with the track color that it is assigned to. An optional stand is available for the KNTRL9 as well. Midique is founded by software developer and techno producer/live act Koen Schepens.
- 27 stainless steel rotary knobs
- 9 stainless steel 60mm faders
- 9 full color programmable LEDs
- High fader and rotary knob precision (10 bits/1024 steps)
- 5 fully customizable presets
- Full MIDI compatibility (works with any DAW)
- USB powered (cable included)
- MIDI DIN support
- Full Ableton Live integration:
- Easily change track assignment
- Easy knob assignment
- Made from durable materials
- Compact (25 x 23 x 3 cm, or 25 x 23 x 4,5 cm with knobs)
Shipping is expected in spring 2022. Price from € 314.58 (incl. VAT) for the oak version.