Muse Research today announced that they are shipping version 1.3 software for Receptor, their hardware-based plug-in player. Version 1.3 software adds several new features including support for plug-ins that allow for multiple outputs, like FXpansion BFD and samplers such as Kontakt from Native Instruments. Additionally, the new system software features new keyboard shortcuts that allow customers to quickly control their Receptor when a mouse and keyboard are attached. Also new is a plug-in registration tool that provides support for a large number of new plug-ins from a variety of vendors, including sample libraries from East West.
Summary of new features for Version 1.3 software:
There are a variety of features that come with this upgrade, in addition to several refinements to the Receptor host software:
* Support for multiple output plug-ins with the ability to assign various plug-in outputs to separate audio mixer channels inside Receptor.
* New keyboard short cuts to facilitate faster operation with a keyboard or via Receptor Remote which allows complete control of Receptor from a computer.
* Direct display of MIDI CC order and assignments for easier integration with MIDI controllers.
* Support for mono plug-ins, automatically “stereo-izing” them for use with Receptor’s effects and mixing architecture.
* Support for registration of various plug-ins such from East West, Native Instruments, Garritan, etc., allowing you to purchase these plug-ins from your local retailer and install them on Receptor.
* Support for new plug-ins such as FXpansion’s BFD, BFD Lite, and the 8-bit and XFL expander kits; G-MEDIA’s Minimonsta:Melohman and Oddity; General Vibe’s Vector Sector, Native Instrument’s Absynth 3, Guitar Rig, Guitar Combos, and Kontakt; East West Symphonic Libraries, Spectrasonics Atmosphere, Trilogy, Stylus and Stylus RMX, and Garritan’s Personal Orchestra.
Version 1.3 is just the beginning – Receptor was designed from the beginning to easily network with Macs or PCs, through which you can edit and control a plug-in’s GUI, upgrade software and add new features. Version 1.3 software is the third release of software since the introduction of Receptor, and is available free to all Receptor customers by visiting the Plugorama website.