At AES RME debuts the ADI-8 QS, a new highly flexible and fully featured 8-channel AD/DA converter. The device combines excellent analog circuit design with outstanding low latency AD/DA converter chips.
Along with SteadyClock, the QS surely redefines the reference class of analog/digital converters. The compact 19″/ 1U device has a host of extraordinary features, including analog and digital limiters, 4 hardware reference levels up to +24 dBu, AES/EBU and ADAT I/O up to 192 kHz, optional MADI I/O, remote control via MIDI, remote digital input trimming for full input calibration, remote volume control for all 8 analog outputs, either separately, globally, ganged and much more.
– 8-channel AD converter, fully symmetrical design, 120 dBA S/N
– 8-channel DA converter, double balanced output, 120 dBA DA
– Low latency conversion: only 8 samples of delay.
– 2 ADAT optical inputs, 24 bit, with RME’s unsurpassed Bitclock PLL, up to 192 kHz
– 2 ADAT optical outputs, 24 bit, fully compatible, up to 192 kHz
– 8 AES/EBU I/Os, full channel count up to 192 kHz, 24 bit, connected via D-sub
– 8-channel Digital Input Trim over a range of 6 dB
– Full remote controllability via MIDI and MIDI via MADI
– All settings are stored permanently
– Included Remote Control for store/recall of presets, volume and dim
– Optional MADI module
ADI-8 QS is targeted to be available worldwide in August for an rrp under Euro € 2.000,-