8-Channel Remotely Controllable High-End Microphone and Instrument Preamp with a number of unique features and true innovations that will change recording processes radically.
At AES RME debuts the brandnew Micstasy High End Microphone Preamp which features high-end converters and combines a number of typical RME features with a number of groundbreaking innovations! With Micstasy, not only conventional analog microphone preamps and AD converters are a thing of the past – a lot of applications will change. In short, Micstasy is the high-end, multi-analog-input super device for live, studio or installation; right up to no-compromise mobile recordings – making surround recordings a breeze.
Micstasy is both an analog preamp (Mic In to Line Out) and a digital preamp/converter (Mic In to Digital Out), with both signal paths operating simultaneously. Just passing on the amplified signals replaces the need for a splitter box on stage. And it can be fully remote-controlled. The unit also functions as a universal high-end AD converter, as it not only offers the highest quality conversion of microphone signals, but also of line signals from -55dBU up to + 30 dBu, and even instrument signals. And all this without needing to set an input sensitivity. Clipping is practically impossible. Live recordings become simpler, safer, and more comfortable.
– 8 hi-end mic preamps, digitally controlled gain (0.5 dB steps), range and internal PAD (invisible to the user). This results in an incredible gain range of 85 dB. The input reaches full scale level at -55 dBu, but can also handle a maximum input level of +30 dBu!
– 8-channel high-end line amplifier, XLR and TRS input, with gain control in 0.5 dB steps.
– 8-channel AD converter with low latency and high SNR, thanks to CS5381 converters.
The digital outputs deliver the same signal as the line outputs.
– Analog outputs: max. level approx +27 dBu
– Digital outputs: Double ADAT for 8 channels @ 96 kHz, D-sub connector for 4 x AES/EBU up to 192 kHz (plus one AES input as sync source).
– Remote control via MIDI and MADI.
– All settings are stored permanently
– Optional MADI module
– Option Slot modules for other interface standards are currently under development
Micstasy is targeted to be available worldwide in August for rrp under Euro 3.500,-