FabFilter has released updates to FabFilter Twin and FabFilter Volcano. The new versions contain bug fixes as well as improvements and new features.
* Added MIDI program change handling. Any preset can now be loaded by sending bank select and program change MIDI messages.
* Added optional interactive help. When this feature is activated, help texts will appear when you move the mouse cursor over any control in the plug-in interface.
* Fixed a bug that could cause Twin or Volcano to freeze on Apple G5 Dual/Quad systems when changing presets.
* Added a ‘polarity’ option to the LFOs in FabFilter Twin, which can be used to produce either waveforms between -1 and 1 (original behaviour) or positive-only waveforms between 0 and 1.
* Reduced memory usage of Twin by 50%.
* Slightly reduced memory usage of FabFilter Volcano and improved filters to use less CPU.
* Other minor bug fixes.
The new versions are fully backwards-compatible with earlier versions and should load existing songs and presets without any problems. These updates are free for existing users and grant others a new evaluation period.