112dB Software has announced Morgana, an exciting new vintage software sampler.
Morgana is an authentic representation of an early digital sampler, designed to be musical rather than accurate. Per-voice, Morgana offers extensively modeled VCFs, amp and filter envelopes. Morgana also features a unique interpolation method which enhances digital artifacts and a pre-amp to shape each sample, simulating a primitive analog-digital stage.
Morgana is also capable of sampling, either through it’s own inputs or through an innovative technology entitled SampLink© which effectively allows Morgana to sample from any track in a multitrack environment in a simple and no-hassle way.
– Faithful representation of sampling technology circa 1984
– High quality 4 pole lowpass filter per voice (analog modeled OTA design)
– Non-destructive input modeling, including samplerate adjustment and mic preamp
– Each copy of Morgana sounds slightly different–just like the hardware!
– Proprietary SampLink technology allows live sample recording across different applications
– Specifically tailored for use in live situations
– Support for multiple output modes, including mono, stereo, pseudo-stereo, and pseudo-surround with up to 8 outputs
– Dynamic multisample keymapping
– Vintage microprocessor emulation including modulator quantizing and digital crosstalk
Morgana is expected to be available in Q1 2007